A Guide To Medicinal Herbs Uses and Advantages
A Guide To Medicinal Herbs Uses and Advantages. Medicinal herbs have always been used to treat medical conditions in humans since the dawn of time. Before there were any pharmaceutical medicines, people used to rely on these medicinal plants for the cure.
What Are Medicinal Herbs?
The term ‘medicinal plant’ includes several types of herbs. Herbalism is related to the study of these plants/herbs and their uses. The usage of natural plants has considerably increased in the past few years because of their lack of side effects. In some cultures, people use these plants/herbs in cooking, which can explain why they are healthier than most. Medicinal plants have always been capable of fighting many diseases. Even now, many contemporary, familiar remedies originate from plants. Every medicinal plant has its own unique properties that one has to consider before
using it. With modern sciences and research projects, man has found the ample benefits medicinal plants have.
What Are Different Types Of Medicinal Herbs?
- Kratom: It is a tropical tree found in Asia. Its leaves have psychotropic effects. It can be sued for treating digestive ailments, chronic pain etc. You can easily buy it online at ‘Kratom in Manitoba’.
- Echinacea: Echinacea can treat colds, flu, and infections. It is also used for upper respiratory infections, wound healing, coughs, bronchitis, and other inflammatory conditions.
- Garlic: Garlic is good for controlling cholesterol and blood pressure because of its antimicrobial effects. It is also used for flu or treating infected sinuses because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Saint John’s Wort: Saint John’s wort is considered as an antidepressant. People also use this plant as a dietary supplement for conditions like attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, menopausal symptoms, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Valerian: People drink valerian root tea when they are going through a bout of anxiety or insomnia. Research has suggested that valerian may aid the user in falling asleep. Valerian is also used to add flavor in beer and other foods.
- Feverfew: As the name implies, feverfew was traditionally used for the treatment of fevers. Many people use it for migraine relief. If you use feverfew, it is recommended that you don’t stop using it all at once as the headaches can come back.
- Gingko: Ginkgo leaf extract is good for asthma, fatigue, and bronchitis. It is a common herb used by older people to improve memory and prevent dementia. You should only use the extract from leaves as the seeds are toxic. This toxin in the seeds can cause seizures, and in severe cases, death.
Uses of Medicinal Herbs:
You can use the above-mentioned plants for their respective effects, but what are some of the major conditions that can be treated naturally? Here are some conditions medicinal herbs can be used for. They can also be used for blood sugar log.
Instead of using over the counter medication, it is better to treat your headache with natural remedies. You can drink some herbal tea or massage your head with the essential oils.
Nausea can occur on its own, but it is common among cancer patients because of their treatments. Peppermint, ginger and cannabis can help lessen nausea and vomiting.
Insomnia is a widespread condition common among people of all ages. Do not get dependent on prescription medicine, and try to use herbal remedies like Kratom to help you fall asleep naturally.
Backache is just like a headache. You have to take pain killers frequently to control the pain. There are different reasons for backache. Most common include a back injury, bad posture, and some genetic disease. A regular massage with the essential oils should help decrease the intensity of pain.
Battle your stress and anxiety with medicinal plants and herbs. Thyme, CBD products, and valerian are popular remedies to manage any stress disorder.
Diabetes & Blood Sugar
In modern times many people suffer from high blood pressure, are overweight, and have to control their diet. We are pleased to provide you a complete online guide for all these problems and how to overcome them. You can download the full guide by clicking the image below.
What Are The Advantages Of Medicinal Herbs?
You would ask why some people prefer medicinal plants over prescription medicines? Here are some common advantages of medicinal herbs.
They Are Easily Available
In some parts of the world, the only medicines people have access to are the natural ones. Prescription medicines are not always easily available at the drug stores. Sometimes there is a supply shortage, and sometimes the town is too small to have access to those medications. Medicinal herbs are available everywhere. People can even grow them in their backyard (such as peppermint, chamomile, etc.) with little or no experience.
Reduced Side Effects
Some patients naturally have low tolerance, and pharmaceutical medicines don’t help them. These people have no choice but to go for herbs and plants that are not that strong. Herbs also have naturally lesser side effects.
Medicinal herbs/plants cost lesser than prescription medications. The biggest reason why medicines are expensive is because of the tests, research, and countless studies done on the compound and diseases. In the case of herbs and plants, there is no such thing, and therefore, they are easily affordable by an average citizen.
Herbs Are Nutritive In Nature
Whether you have a medical condition or not, using herbs and plants is always going to help you stay healthy. Some herbs and plants like ginger, garlic, peppermint, and lavender can strengthen your immune system if you use them regularly.
Effective for Chronic Conditions
You would be surprised to know the number of chronic conditions that can be treated with medicinal plants. The importance of medicinal plants increases when we talk about chronic conditions.
Ailments like chronic pain are conditions that require the patient to take medicines frequently. Not only is that harmful to the patient to take pharmaceutical drugs for long periods, but the drugs will also likely lose their effectiveness over time. Medicinal herbs are quite good at helping people with chronic conditions and curing symptoms of other medical conditions.
Can Be Good For Diseases with No Cure
There are some conditions that don’t really have a cure, such as arthritis or cancer. People have reported that the use of medicinal herbs has helped them more than pharmaceutical medicines. You should try using medicinal herbs for your medical conditions but only after consulting with your physician! Good Luck!
About the Author:
David Martin is currently a final year student of Neuroscience at California University. He is passionate about writing and takes a keen interest in all things that alter our mental makeup. He regularly writes blogs at www.bestkratomcanada.ca