Can Beauty Sleep Better Slow Down Hair Loss?
Can Beauty Sleep Better Slow Down Hair Loss? The androgenetic alopecia (pattern of hair loss of males and females) can be experienced by 40% women and 50 % men while others suffer from some other forms of hair loss. Hair loss is an embarrassment for most rather than being just a physical alteration. But this is something which is much more than that meets the eyes. Sleep and hair loss can be connected to multiple levels. From the role of circadian cycles to the sleep apnea, there is much to learn from the relationship between sleep and hair loss, especially the androgenetic alopecia. In order to delve further, let us try to find out how the lack of sleep can affect the body first. Just take a look.
Effect of Lack of Sleep on the Body
The body and the overall wellness are deeply affected by sleep. At the time of sleeping, the body is able to work on supporting the upkeep and maintenance of physical health. Sleep is absolutely necessary for the healthy and the brain function, overall physical health, emotional wellbeing, daily performance and also safety. Usually, the lack of sleep can trigger a variety of issues within the body and the inherited problems, that can otherwise take much longer to appear, can also emerge because of that. The process of hair growth can be impacted to a great extent by the lack of sleep just like its other ill-effects. Lack of sleep can be also related directly to hair thinning and hair loss.
How Hair Loss is Triggered by the Lack of Sleep?
Reduced amount of quality of sleep can have a significant negative impact on the body. This can lead directly and indirectly to the conditions of thinning and hair loss. The lack of sleep can also result in high-stress levels which is shown to cause loss of hair to a great extent. Stress and tension together with loss of sleep can create a direct impact in this case. The body actually experiences a lot of changes during sleep that can promote stem cell activity which generates the epithelial cells for hair growth. The extended stress response can have a negative impact on the skin and its capacity of functioning appropriately can impact the hair follicle in a direct way.
Anxiety & Stress Study
The study also recommends that the release of neurotransmitters, hormones, and cytokines at the time of stress response which can influence the hair growth significantly. There are other evidence that suggests that stress impacts the hair follicles and the growth cycle of the hair can lead to hair loss. The activity of the adult stem cells relies on the internal circadian clock for orchestrating the proliferation of the cycle of hair growth. Basically, the inability of the body to function well because of sleep deprivation reduces the overall physical wellness and health. The lack of sleep can also lead to a significant amount of stress which may trigger the genetically influenced loss of hair for both the men and women.
How to Deal with the Situation
- Exercise on a daily basis and get involved in physical activity as much as possible.
- Sleep and wake up at the same time every day and make it a routine.
- Choose comfortable mattresses and pillows for sleeping.
- Limit the intake of nicotine and caffeine.
- Evaluate the bedroom and ensure that there won’t be any light or noise that won’t disturb your sleep.
- Try to avoid drinking liquids before retiring to bed.
- Stop using mobile or watching TV as you lay on your bed as that can interrupt your sleep.
- If you cannot sleep at bedtime try to avoid sleeping in the afternoon.
- Have foods that promote the growth of hair like the foods rich in A, B, C, D, E vitamins, zinc and iron and biotins like eggs, spinach, avocadoes, sweet potatoes, walnuts and carrots and sweet peppers and also oysters.
- Don’t eat late and avoid alcohol as it interferes with the sleep cycle.
- Do meditation or yoga to manage stress.
- Avoid using sleep medications as that can have side effects.
The above are some of the ways in which you can try to control your hair loss because of sleep deprivation. However, if these techniques also don’t work, you should immediately consult with a reputed sleep apnea dentist who can help you detect and treat the real problem behind your sleep deprivation so that you can also retain your beautiful mane year after year.
Top 3 posts by voting number.
Top Famous Motivational Words (quotes) Every day you will find the top famous motivational words. Our aim...
What is Dairy? Dairy is all food products made from cow’s milk, i.e. curd, cheese, yogurt,...
Refractive Micro-Surgical Cataract. The Refractive Cataract surgery intervenes positively in eye health medical surgery. It requires high...